SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Personal Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and project management support to the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Project Director (the Project) and general support to the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Project team. Responsibilities will include managing the Director's correspondence internally within the Guggenheim, with staff members at the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi, and external stakeholders; scheduling and managing the Director’s calendar; and arranging any project-related travel and reservations. The Personal Assistant will also assist with the preparations of materials for the Project Director for meetings, presentations, and project deliverables.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 2 to 4 years of related administrative experience
• Attention to detail; comfortable working with numbers and analyzing data
• Collaborative work style; comfortable interacting with all levels in the organization
• Good problem-solving skills; ability to develop creative solutions alongside other stakeholders
• Ability and interest in learning new computer software
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information and material.
• Requires a highly proactive approach, with the ability to plan and manage routine tasks and long-term projects with minimal supervision in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Concur, Great Plains, and Adobe Acrobat a plus.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Provide a full range of support to the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Project Director including: manage appointment calendars and draft agendas and meeting minutes; review and reply to incoming phone calls, email, and letter correspondence; arrange travel schedules and bookings; process Director’s expense reports and invoices
Support in the development of strategic documents, presentations, and reports for internal and external meetings and workshops
Respond to inquiries from internal and external personnel using proper judgment and initiative to ensure critical issues are handled or escalated appropriately
Support Legal with the development and renewal of legal contracts with third-party vendors
Manage approval process for travel proposals and forms for all Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Project-related travel in accordance with the annual plan.
Carry out ad hock requests.
WORK DEMANDS and ENVIRONMENT:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: n/a
REPORTS TO: Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Project Director
LOCATION: Abu Dhabi