JOB DESCRIPTION - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Operate all established collection procedures using initiative, imagination and flexibility to achieve targeted expectations/results while promoting customer good will.
o To make contact with customers regarding all unpaid items following up communications frequently.
o To anticipate developments and to identify accounts that require special attention and act decisively to resolve difficulties, consulting management where appropriate.
o To develop and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with all customers, departmental colleagues in EMEA and Bangalore and account teams and where necessary to make visits to resolve problems and promote co-operation.
o To obtain sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of newly proposed and existing customers promptly, efficiently and cost-effectively, using information sources appropriate to the level of exposure and liaising where necessary with colleagues and management. To ensure that all clients meet the company’s requirements regarding the Table of Denials listing. The so called Credit check process.
o To promote and develop the involvement of the credit control department in sales and marketing activities.
o To assist with the design and production of reports for management. To assist with special projects as and when required.
o Roll out and implementation of Get Paid and embedding of Global Credit Management Engagement model into the Gulf business
PERSON SPECIFICATION - REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
• 1-2 years credit control experience or similar experience desirable but not essential.
• Ability to quickly become proficient end user of Oracle and Order management systems
• Excellent English language skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong detail handling skills.
• Ability to understand customer impact with credit control related activities.
• Knows when to escalate appropriately when involved in a process chain