JOB PROFILE – INVESTMENT ANALYST (Financial Services Group)
The investment portfolio of the group is rapidly expanding through greenfield projects, joint ventures and acquisitions and provides an excellent opportunity for personal and career development for professionals who have the leadership and project management competencies to investment cases independently.
Reporting to the Vice President, Financial Services Group
• 1-3 years
• Investment banking /Private Equity/M&A at an investment or commercial bank/Consulting/Exposure to setting up PE funds
Main Responsibilities – Transaction evaluation & execution
1. Evaluating new investment opportunities for the Group in financial services sector in predominantly emerging markets (Africa, GCC, Sub-continent) and Europe.
2. Preparation of detailed internal memorandum/ investment appraisal notes/ information memorandum etc. associated with the evaluation/investment decision for proprietary investments, co-investments or advising clients on such investment opportunities.
3. Where the new investment opportunity is a Greenfield project, writing of feasibility study and business plan and development of financial models, valuation models etc. independently or with limited participation of external consultants.
4. Communication (oral/written) with potential co-investors, clients, consultants, advisors, regulators, prospective staff of investee company and internally etc.
5. Support the Group CEO in managing the existing investment portfolio by monitoring, analyzing, evaluating and assessing extant operating environment.
6. Support the Group in developing statement of requirements for inviting proposals from external consultants, lawyers and other service providers and evaluation of such proposals.
7. Manage (set objectives, schedule, follow up) the due diligence exercises pertaining to investments and evaluate and comment on the findings.
8. Support the Group in setting up Private Equity funds
• Mature and independent
• Comfortable in working in an entrepreneurial environment
• Comfortable in working in an unstructured environment
• Ability to handle multiple tasking
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills